Monday, September 13, 2010

I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith

I enjoyed this read. Some parts were a little slow going. The ending makes me wish there was a 2nd book at least to find out if Simon really does come back. This is quite an interesting story. Cassandra is writing in her journal and that is how we get the story from her journal entries. She has a sister named Rose. Her dad is an author. He has only written one book. She has a stepmom named Topaz. Her mom died and her father remarried. I can't remember the cause of her mom's death but it had nothing to do with Cassandra's father and a cake knife. I think it was just an illness. They live in a castle which they or more or less renting. One day the owners come to visit unexpectedly and it turns out that the daughters either fall in love with one or both of the 2 men named Simon and Neil. I won't go into detail of the love triangles or what not as that was one of the most exciting parts of the book.

I enjoyed this book and would recommend it. It did take me some time to get into it though.

Next I am reading 2 books one is The Making of America by Cleon Skousen and the other is Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

No comments:

Post a Comment