Sunday, September 26, 2010

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith

I enjoyed this read. I think I liked it better than Pride and Prejudice and Zombies which was also written by the same author. I liked it better because it was more original but it also seemed to be based around the real history of Abraham Lincoln's life. It has made me want to read a book about Abraham Lincoln again. I found it quite interesting from the beginning.

The basis of the story is there is a man who works in a store. He meets somebody named Henry who after a few brief encounters the man gives the employee a package. In the package is a secret journal of Abraham Lincoln. In this journal are the journal entries made by Abraham Lincoln regarding vampires. Henry was a vampire. Henry wanted the store employee (who wanted to be an author) write a book about what he read in Abraham's journal. After that introduction you find out what was in Abraham's journal through the rest of the book. I definitely recommend this book. I had a hard time putting it down.

Next I am reading Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange. I am still reading The Making of America by Cleon Skousen.

No comments:

Post a Comment